Friday 2 June 2017

Our Norfolk Retreat, Burnham Market Part 1

Home a week so needed to make a start. Wasn't quite sure where to begin but decided on beginning by posting on the property that we stayed in, in Burnham Market.


This was the front of the property, owned by Barefoot Retreats. Our apartment was on the first floor (the 3 windows in the centre) 
and below a shop owned by Barefoot Living, all part of a conglomerate. More on that later as it was a very interesting shop.
We found the village general store next door a bonus.



Looking out the back from the kitchen window

where one could see an ancient water pump

The white doors right opposite belong to one of the Barefoot offices. All of the staff here and in the shop below were extremely friendly and helpful at all times.


An original fireplace in the second bedroom (no longer used) from centuries ago



The apartment has been beautifully modernised but a tell tale to its age was the slightly sloping and uneven floors


Here too an original fireplace in the master bedroom
 but now boarded up


Bath robes and slippers provided


Hospitality gift waiting for us including Prosecco in the fridge. The Apple juice here was from the Sandringham estate and the cake from a local Confectioners was delicious 





and now into the kitchen





The Utility room on the ground floor


I'd have liked to have taken this chest home with me!!
There is some interesting history to this property  which will be posted later.
As you know it always takes a while to get hundreds of photos sorted. Especially when they are taken at random on both my camera and i-pad. 
Hope you enjoyed and do come back.




9 comments:

ellen b said...

Looks like a lovely place to stay.

Gracie Saylor said...

Sloping floor aside, it looks like a lovely apartment which I enjoyed seeing, and it will be fun to learn more about your experiences there. Thanks for sorting and posting, Barbara.

Adrienne said...

What a darling place to stay! I love seeing where you've been, my friend. We just came home from an almost-two-month adventure. I shared a bit on my blog and will share more soon.
~Adrienne~

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a wonderful home away from home. I love seeing old places like that. Here so many are torn down and not modernized, but new are built. Looking forward to seeing more of your trip.

Vee said...

It looks very intriguing. I am glad that you got away...it refreshes and renews to be in a different place doing different things. I can see why you liked that chest. Yes, you have piqued my curiosity and I will be back.

Cheri said...

The place you stayed looked so lovely!

Lorrie said...

The decor looks comfortable and restful. I wonder about the name - Barefoot Retreat - it sounds intriguing. Looking forward to reading more.

Elizabeth said...

It all looks very comfortable!

Ag said...

What a comfortable place to stay. I love all the little extra detail in your accommodation.
Audrey.