Thursday 3 March 2016

Pruning Time and New Gardening Gloves


Pruning time is here and with the sun shining this week (apparently we have had the wettest winter on record) it felt good to begin pruning my 32 rose bushes and to try out my new garden gloves.
They "fit like a glove" as the saying goes and are certainly the most comfortable ones I have come across in all my years of gardening.


 They are both very lightweight and the above pair have an advanced grip (wet or dry) on the palm side.
The back is nylon and Polyester



The above pair feel like light leather on the palm but are flexible wet or dry and have a durable nitrile coating which are also suitable for many outside cleaning jobs.
They are also machine washable.
They have the 'Which' Best Buy approval too.

Click here if you want to know more
SHOWA from Globus

As some will remember I have made masses of changes to my garden in order to reduce the work load which I will be showing as everything comes back to life.



8 comments:

ellen b said...

It's great to have the right gloves for the job! I don't even have one rose bush but I did prune my apple and pear tree recently. I love having good gloves!

Lorrie said...

Good gardening gloves make a great difference in comfort while working, especially pruning 32 rosebushes! It's time for working in the garden here, too, but I have about 8 days before spring break so the garden will just have to wait.

Lee@A Guide to Northeastern Gardening said...

I will have to check out these gloves. I will be pruning my rose bushes soon and it is always a challenge as the lovely thorns get caught up on your skin so easily. It's a little too chilly here yet on Long Isalnd but the forecast is calling for spring-like weather next week..cannot wait to get back out into the garden!

Adrienne said...

We've been pruning roses, too. Your new gloves are wonderful. I need to replace my gardening gloves this year. I'll look for something like yours!
~Adrienne~

Gracie Saylor said...

I do admire your gloves, especially since my hands have not recovered from grubbing around in the dirt planting some primroses today, and stripping my dried vine Christmas wreath of it's prickly holly and dried up evergreens. We pruned some dead wood off our climbing roses several weeks ago. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labor when you share photos of your thriving roses! xx

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How nice to be out pruning. I do appreciate a good pair of garden gloves and will check those out. Here we have snow on the ground. But spring will come sooner or later.

elizabeth said...

Lucky you!
Snowing here....!

nikkipolani said...

You've got good tools to tackle your projects! The state of my gloves are pretty pathetic, except for my gauntlets for rose pruning ;-)