Thursday 1 November 2007

Chipperfield and the Two Brewers

Our second full day at Janie's we drove over to Chipperfield for lunch




Walking across the village green with The Two Brewers Pub in the background



See the Chef and Brewer on the Pub sign

It really is a worthwhile place to go for lunch as the menu is so varied with a great choice in both food and price

They also have speciality weeks where they celebrate a particular type of food on top of their regular menu

This week was their home made pies

Probably the best pie I have ever tasted (and I am not a pie person)

Alan had beef and I had chicken and leek

The pastry was melt in the mouth and the meat plentiful and in a delicious sauce and so deep
all accompaniments were good too

Their desserts were delicious also but neither of us had any room left, in fact I could not finish all that I had on my plate

Next weeks speciality was Game pies
This is the entrance - you can take a book to read while waiting


Our seat by a window


Atmosphere and ambiance were good too





Time to make our way back


Passing the church



And the tearooms but no stopping this time

Instead we drove to an area near home where we could have a good walk over fields before
going to a large Marks and Spencers and buying some new clothes that I did not actually need
Nice to have a change though

15 comments:

Unknown said...

How lovely. I really like the brewers sign. That is quite clever.

Anita said...

Dear Barbara,

I hope you are doing fine. I really enjoyed looking at your pictures and I really would love to travel to the UK soon, my last stay was ages ago!

Blogger seems to have a problem and I had to re-load the pictures of my latest post. You are more than welcome to pass by my side if you have time!

All my best wishes,
Anita

Susan Skitt said...

Walking and eating, eating and walking... love it Barbara! Such fun with your dear husband!

PlainCatholic said...

Your English Garden blog is a blessing. I too, love gardens, veg and the the colors of God's smile in the roses.

Paula said...

From reading your blog it makes me feel like packing up and taking a trip to England. What lovely pictures. Those pies sound delicious, as long as it not steak and kidney pie - my mom used to make that when I was a kid, Yuck-O

Timmie said...

Mmm that restaurant looked delicious all around! I haven't been to Marks & Spencer since the last time I was in Hong Kong, I really miss it...

Anonymous said...

Hi I came via My Country Garden blog.

Looks like you had a lovely time. And it's always lovely to nip into Marks' to get something one doesn't really need :-)

And I love homemade pies, yum.

Jeanne said...

I love all that you share.
Much love and many blessings Barbara.......
Love Jeanne ^j^

Anonymous said...

The Brewers' Pub looks delightful! Your description of those tasty pies has me wishing for a visit :-)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day out, and that pub looked so inviting.

Maddy
www.madelinedunster.com

TO BECOME said...

Looks like it would really be a very nice place to go and eat a meal and just relax. Well, I got to see it but I kind of feel cheated not getting to eat some of that wonderful food as you described it. Have fun. connie from Texas

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

I am so enjoying your little tours! Love that pub sign, and the very tidy village green, and those buildings in the first shot with the interesting walls . . . it's all so English!!! Or what I imagine England to be anyway. It's always great fun to go along with you via your great photos.

Linda said...

I love those English pubs, especially the plowman's platters and I've discovered a real love for chutney. I'm going to have to figure out how to make it myself.

Midlife Cycler said...

Beautiful pictures...as a new blogger, I am learning that a camera is a essential part of this new activity. Thanks for sharing those great photos!

Merisi said...

What beautiful and restful place, great garden views and atmosphere!
Specialty weeks are also done here in Austria, at the moment game is on all the menues. Managed to get wild duck at my brother's recently. Wonderful. :-)
I hope you do get to that tearoom soon, can't wait to see how a truly English tearoom looks!